VOLUNTEER RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
This Release and Waiver of Liability form, releases Women Empowered Unite Communities (WE Unite) – a not for profit corporation in the province of Ontario, their agents and assigns, the landowners whose property I volunteer to work on or travel across and my fellow volunteers and volunteer organizers (collectively known as WE Unite). As a volunteer I desire to provide volunteer services for WE Unite and engage in activities as part of a team conducting community support in Ontario. I am responsible for my own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of participation in activities of WE Unite.
1. Waiver and Release: I release and forever discharge and hold harmless WE Unite and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the activities as a Volunteer with WE Unite, including claims arising out of negligence. I understand and acknowledge that this Release Discharges WE Unite from any liability or claim that I may have against WE Unite with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to WE Unite or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: I affirm that I am covered by primary medical insurance and understand that I am responsible for my medical bills if injury occurs. Further, I understand that WE Unite does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of the Volunteer’s injury, illness, death or damage to his or her property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of WE Unite.
3. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services provided by me to WE Unite may include activities that are inherently dangerous to me, including but not limited to travel, cooking, meal delivery, event facilitation. I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm to me from these activities and Release WE Unite from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the services I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am participating in events.
4. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to WE Unite all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of the myself or my likeness or voice made by WE Unite in connection with participating in WE Unite events, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
5. Medical Treatment: I, hereby release and forever discharge WE Unite from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with WE Unite. I give my consent for WE Unite to provide, administer, or obtain medical treatment for me.
6. Other: I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Province of Ontario and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario.
By clicking “I agree to Terms and Conditions of WE Unite” I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability knowingly and voluntarily.